1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Blank Page Segmentation Fault (11) Horde Login FIXED!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jas8522, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. jas8522

    jas8522 Basic Pleskian

    24
    23%
    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Messages:
    80
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Hello,

    For close to a year now our Horde installation has not worked. We had tried a number of things from increasing file descriptors to installing older versions of Apache and PHP and even Horde itself, to no avail.

    In the meantime we have been using squirrelmail, and all of our customers using webmail have switched over, but some certainly prefer horde due to it's nicer looks.

    I found a number of forum posts that discussed it, and only people on Debian or FBSD who were able to recompile everything seemed to get it working (not quite sure how that worked for people on RedHat). The point of the recompile was to inrease file descriptors though, which is something that could be accomplished without recompiling in RedHat.

    I finally decided to tackle the problem again today/last night, and got it all fixed after a number of hours of work! So I hope this will fix it for many others with the same problem as well.

    NOTE: Before doing this, please try increasing your max file descriptors, since that will often fix a problem with the same symptoms. Do a search of this forum, since that's where I found it, just can't remember exactly where! If I find it, I'll update this with the link.

    Edit the file /etc/psa-horde/imp/servers.php.

    Most of it is comments explaining how to configure it, so just skip right to the bottom. The following code is from the imap section and not the pop3 section:

    $servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'IMAP Server',
    'server' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => full,
    'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert',
    'port' => 993,
    'maildomain' => $DomainName ,
    'smtphost' => 'localhost',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    );

    The three changes I made are hordeauth = full, protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert and port 993.

    For some reason using standard authentication with the local imap server fails. From the research I've done it appears to be due to php-imap not working properly with the courier-imap server installed (why it works on some and not others, I have no clue). I do not believe the hordeauth variable is required to be changed, just the other two.

    With this change I am able to login EVERY time with Horde, and if anyone wishes to follow my directions (somewhere on this forum) for installing squirrelmail, it will allow them to work in conjunction (squirrel at mail.yourdomain.com, horde at webmail.yourdomain.com). Just don't do the steps that ask you to remove horde.

    I hope this fixes the problem for plenty of other people as well!

    Jordan
     
  2. eFactornet

    eFactornet Guest

    0
     
    Jordan,

    That is just fantastic. I've had the same problem and nobody could help me out. I'm running RedHat and was unable to recompile (like the KB proposes).

    I've modified that servers.php file and everythings works fine now.

    Thanks a lot,
    Ronny
     
  3. jas8522

    jas8522 Basic Pleskian

    24
    23%
    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Messages:
    80
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Good luck!

    Hi Ronny,


    I hope this works for you permanently, I forgot to update the post, but about 48 hours after doing this, the problem came back.

    I'm starting to think it has something to do with the way Horde stores sessions. But at the very least, completing this change and having it work for a little bit is yet another step to figuring out what causes this problem!

    I have given up for now (again) and re-instate Squirrelmail as my primary webmail app, but will probably give it a shot again one rainy day...

    Jordan
     
Loading...