• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Blank Webmail (doofus solution)

F

faris

I thought I'd share this with everybody in case it happens to them...

I had a call from one of my customers this morning. After logging in to webmail for any account on his domain, all he had was a blank page.

Webmail for other domains was fine as far as I could tell from some random tests.

Now blank pages in webmail after logging in are a common problem mentioned on the forums. So I went through everything and tried everything and nothing, absolutely nothing worked.

6 hours later I found the problem. The user's email was disabled in Plesk. As simple as that. Turning it on again solved the problem.

The giveaway was there authentication errors in /var/log/psa-horde. I really should have figured this out sooner. I'm such a doofus!

So, if you have this problem, please check to make sure the user has not disabled his email somehow. And if not, just in case, try turning the domain off, restart apache, turn it on, restart apache. And turn email off and then on again just in case too.

Faris.

Back