• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Blocking Entire Netblocks

Jasonm

New Pleskian
Hello,

Over the past week I have been getting slammed by scans and hack attempts by a large netblock located in China. I see many thousands of attempts in /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog

Fail2Ban has thousands of IPs listed and it continues to grow.

Is there anyway to block a netblock entirely? 222.184.0.0 - 222.191.255.255

At this point I'd rather block them completely then keep sending requests to stop the hacking. It appears to me like all of the IPs in this range are used for this purpose as there are more in my logs then I can count.

Regards,

Jason

Hello,

Over the past week I have been getting slammed by scans and hack attempts by a large netblock located in China. I see many thousands of attempts in /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog

Fail2Ban has thousands of IPs listed and it continues to grow.

Is there anyway to block a netblock entirely? 222.184.0.0 - 222.191.255.255

At this point I'd rather block them completely then keep sending requests to stop the hacking. It appears to me like all of the IPs in this range are used for this purpose as there are more in my logs then I can count.

Regards,

Jason

Should have checked this a little more. I created a custom Deny rule for 222.184.0.0/13

Back