• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

blog request

O

om4knowledge

I have a few clients that wish to use a blog, but I can't recommend using the sb blog at this time.

It is basic and that is just fine.
I would like for you allow the web site owner to approve the comments before they are made live. Comments that go live automatically could be very harmful for a site owner.

Please add the option for comment review BEFORE they go live. With that in place the blog would be fine for new bloggers. :)

Thanks.
Is there a way to integrate a more advanced blog while using the same sb logon?

Actually, such feature request already exists and it is planned to be added into next Sitebuilder version. Can not say for sure when it will be ready.

Yes this feature would be very useful. The ability for a person to come to a website and post anything the like can be very harmful. I really welcome this when it is available.

Happy New Year,

D when might comment review be available?
1st quarter of 09?
I'm ready to build a site and I'd like to use sb. Thanks.

I only know that this feature is planned and most probably will be available in next version 5, but can not say anything about release date.

As a quick solution, can you tell us if there is a way of hacking the code to disable comments being submitted? If so, where do we nake the mods. Please advise.

The problem with having a blog without this feature is that it will break down the integrity of the websites we are trying to build, force us to go elewhere for the functionality, work very hard to make sites look the same as the Sitebuilder site, and weaken the commercial base for Plesk. There are lots of CMS systems (many free) out there with the functionality we are asking for but, for whatever reasons, we wish to stay with Sitebuilder. In other words, this is urgent commercially for Plesk if they wish to retain their clientele. I like Sitebuilder for many reasons, but this weakness (and also the lack of page protection) is problematic.

best wishes
Andrew

Thanks' for your feedback. This feature is already planned and most probably will be available in nearest Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder release.

I also would love this feature. So many of our customer wont use it unless there is some way to moderate the postings or at least have the ability to switch off the ability to post.

It's been a year .....

This request has been open for a year now.

Is there any chance in the world that the blog module will be improved at all?

Is there any chance there will be a SiteBuilder version 5? or should I just continue my search for a responsive software company that actually supports and improves their products?

When will version 5 be out? What will be changed?

And more time passes with no response

Anybody there? Any chance you might actually update this software?

Hi,

Been no updated in nearly a year so dont hold your breath.

Didn't bother renewing license this year.....

After many years of mediocre response to user needs, I am done.

Didn't give them my license money this year. It's not much money, but clearly these folks couldn't care less about SiteBuilder and it's users. I tried to get some idea of their plans before renewing but got no replies to my multiple messages.

Yes it is very very quiet on here. Lets hope the news for 5.0 is good and happens sooner rather than later although I dread to think of the bugs and upgrade issues that could potentially happen.

Back