• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bounce Message - limit for outgoing mail exceeded

minorum

New Pleskian
Hi,

I just configured the limit for outgoing mail. It works well, but I have still some questions.

Normaly the server sends bounce messages in HTML and in german. They look nice and what is much more important, the users who do not speak english are informed what is going on.
The message that is send, when the limit for outgoing mail is exceeded uses a different template. It is deliverd in plain text and after explaining in german that the mail could not be send, it states the reason in english.

Is there any way to edit this bounce message, so that a translation could be added?
I had some users complaining that the server is not working, because they tried again and again to send a mail and kept the counter over the limit. For they did not understand what was causing it.

greetings from germany

I think that you need to check content of file /usr/local/psa/admin/application/default/resources/languages/en-US/controllers/outgoing-mail/edit-limit.php
I see that there is no reasons of limiting in German here /usr/local/psa/admin/application/default/resources/languages/de-DE/controllers/outgoing-mail/edit-limit.php

@IgorG Thanks I checked these files, but that are just the messages that you will see using the plesk panel to set or check the limits.

I am looking for the mail that is send by Sysadmin to the user who exceeded the limit. At the moment it looks like this:

Ihre Nachricht hat einige oder alle Empfänger nicht erreicht.

Betreff: Testmail 4

Gesendet am: 01.10.2014 10:29

Folgende(r) Empfänger kann/können nicht erreicht werden:

'[email protected]' am 01.10.2014 10:29

554 5.7.0 Your message could not be sent. The limit on the number of allowed outgoing messages was exceeded. Try again later.
I am looking for a way to get the last sentence to german oder just adding a translation somewhere in the text.

Maybe it will help:

[root@ppu12-0 psa]# pwd
/usr/local/psa
[root@ppu12-0 psa]# grep -R 'outgoing messages was exceeded' *
lib/modules/python/pylib-mail-handlers/plesk_mail_handlers.py: REJECT_OUTGOING_LIMIT_EXCEEDED = "Your message could not be sent. The limit on the number of allowed outgoing messages was exceeded. Try again later."

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. :)

For everyone else who tries to edit the entries in plesk_mail_handlers.py. Be carefull only to use ascii charakters. I used german Umlaute and the whole Limitation stopped working. Even though the editor was in UFT-8 mode.

Back