• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bringing Plesk up to date; data_bases

DaniëlB

New Pleskian
Hello!

I was wondering, if there is any easy way, or a command, to bring the overview in Plesk itself up to date, i have created several databases trough PHPMyAdmin, which now aren't listed in the databases tab.
I found out that these weren't listed in the table "data_bases", neither is "db_users" up to date, so i was wondering if this is easy to do, not that i actually need it but just out of curiosity.

I have searched the forums, and the web, for "data_bases", but unfortunately nothing related to my questions.

Thanks in advance!

To the best of my knowledge:

There is no automated way to "import" a database created outside of Plesk to be listed within Plesk. You'd need to manually adjust the PSA database in such a way as to add the database under a particular subscription. I would imagine this rather dangerous if you don't know exactly what is required to do so in exactly the same way as would occur if you did add the database from within Plesk.

Possibly the simplest option (IMHO) would be to mysqldump the databases in question and then delete them and their users. Then recreate them within plesk, under the appropriate subscription, add the users, then load the database data.

Of course there may be a KB hidden away somewhere that I don't know about that allows you to do things more easily :)

Back