• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Broke Activesync by Upgrading from 17.x to 17.8.11.

Corey

New Pleskian
I really need some help here.

Had Activesync working great before the upgrade; mail, calendar, contacts all synced, even had shared calendars for multiple users. Things worked perfect.

Had to update Plesk to newer version (host made me and now they are no help), now Activesync doesn't work.

I checked the entire configuration steps and setup to ensure nothing was overwritten and/or removed during the update, I don't really see any changes. All my config alterations are still there. I have also checked every single log file I can think of and don't see a single problem. It appears that devices (mobile and Outlook) connect just fine, but they don't sync a thing. Outlook shows connected at the bottom, and I don't see any errors on any of the devices.

They just don't sync at all. They all show provisioned in Horde.

The only place that I have found something peculiar, is the my domains access_ssl_log file. Whereas before the upgrade, I would see lines like:

xx.xx.xx.xx - [email protected] [11/May/2019:20:00:13 -0400] "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&[email protected]&DeviceId=12E3757E56D64F21875B1B9E8AC3ED9A&DeviceType=WindowsOutlook15 HTTP/1.0" 200 2218 "-" "Outlook/16.0 (16.0.11425.20214; x64)"

the entries are all like this now:

xx.xx.xx.xx - [email protected] [11/May/2019:20:00:13 -0400] "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Sync&[email protected]&DeviceId=12E3757E56D64F21875B1B9E8AC3ED9A&DeviceType=WindowsOutlook15 HTTP/1.0" 500 836 "-" "Outlook/16.0 (16.0.11425.20214; x64)"

Note that it appears that there is now a http/1.0 500 instead of the the 200 before.

If I try to navigate to mydomain.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync just gives me a message "Trying to access the ActiveSync endpoint from a browser. Not Supported."

Does anyone have any ideas where I should look? Again, this all worked perfect before, now it doesn't. But I just cannot locate what changed that is causing the issue.

Corey

UPDATE:

Just to try, I removed all devices from ActiveSync and recreated the accounts on my devices. The devices all provisioned and my mail and calendar did sync. ONCE. After that, I get nothing whatsoever. Nothing ever syncs again after the initial provisioning. If I remove everything again, I'll get a sync once again, then nothing.

I really don't have time to fix this, so I apologize if I shouldn't be posting this here. But I need someone to help me fix this quickly. So if you are trustworthy and feel you have the experience to actually find the issue and fix it, please PM me asap and we can discuss a cost to do so, preferably today.

I am going to resurrect this post as I still have the same issue. Activesync works great in my Plesk 17.0.17 Update#42. But the moment I upgrade this version to anything newer, Activesync email no longer works. It seem that the devices simply don't get provisioned once they get their initial download. You get the provisioning once, then will no longer receive any new emails or calendar syncs.

I'm just not sure what the issue is and I don't have the skillset to correct this. I am back to my old Plesk 17.0.17, but I really need to upgrade (for a variety of reasons).

Are there any honest people on here that I can hire to fix this issue (running CentOS 7).

Please contact me at [email protected]. I'm willing to pay for this help. Or send me a PM.

Back