• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Broken instance wordpress

eilko

Regular Pleskian
hi, a friend installed wordpress in /site directory of a domain. Then he copied the files to / (root) of the domain. Now the wordpress extension sees two instances.

He wants to remove the /site instance. But then the extension removes the database that both share.

I tried to remove to /site directory and the extension says that this instance is now broken. I would like to disconnect it from the extenstion to let it forget this instance. But I can only find the remove option but then also the files and database of the other instance is removed.

How do I get rid of the /site instance?

Hello!

In this case you can just detach extra instance, not remove it. You need to go to the overview screen of WordPress instance, do you see there Detach button?

no, only a remove button. And when I use this button this instance and the root instance will be deleted

I got it, looks like your WordPress instance initially installed via Applications catalog. That's right? Such applications associated with their databases and controlled by Plesk. WordPress Toolkit has ability to take over WordPress instances, installed by a such way, but unable to detach it.

The proper way to create a copy of an instance is to clone it. In this case new database will be created, so after that you will be able to simply remove initial instance.

so clone the / instance (the one I want to keep) to a new temp subdomain, remove the /testsite instance (that will remove also the / instance) and then clone back the temp subdomain one back to / ?

Back