• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue broken system after update

jfvdvelden

New Pleskian
Hi 2 all,

I wrote first my issue on the onyx forum. But we i looked all weekend to my broken system and came to the conclusion i still have 12.5 version.

What did i do:

I upgrade the system in the plesk panel )

Before the upgrade of plesk a newer mysql version was needed. So i did first the upgrade plesk and checked out if there was also a newer mysql version.
No newer version of mysql was installed. So i followd the steps of the KB of plesk (https://kb.plesk.com/en/127962)

And after this no databases, no plesk nothing anymore. My server was broken.

The files in /var/lib/mysql where still there, but via mysql i coul not see them anymore.

The reseller where i pay each month for plesk doesn't have any knowledge and plesk only want money to fix their problem of wrong instructions.

anyone a tip?

Hi jfvdvelden,

I'm sorry, but you should stick to ONE version, because your statements differ:

Before the upgrade of plesk a newer mysql version was needed. So i did first the upgrade plesk and checked out if there was also a newer mysql version.
No newer version of mysql was installed. So i followd the steps of the KB of plesk (https://kb.plesk.com/en/127962)

... but => #3
i used this KB

https://kb.plesk.com/en/125589

and then section for centos 6.*

Second, according to => #5 , your MySQL - upgrade has not been finished, as you see error - messages in your logs with "wrong structure".

Third, you state:
The reseller where i pay each month for plesk doesn't have any knowledge
The reseller as well as Plesk can't be blamed for your unsufficient linux - administration - knowledge and you should be aware, that your monthly charge to your reseller is for the Plesk licence itself and not a charge you pay for education lessons.​

Fourth, you state:
and plesk only want money to fix their problem of wrong instructions.
Suggestions and resolutions from Plesk KB - articles are not instructions - if a linux administrator fails to follow the suggestions and resolutions, you can't really blame Plesk for it.​

Pls. don't get this wrong, jfvdvelden, I honestly don't want to offend or hurt you, but my previous suggestion at your previous thread, to contact the Plesk support is based on the fact, that you seem to have insufficient linux - knowledge on how to administrate your server, why I thought it might be a good idea to hire someone, who is able to do the job for you. Your issue/error/problem can't be solved with a "one-command-line-suggestion" and needs deeper investigations with logs and configuration files.

Hello product expert,

i have to wait on my reseller. They activate plesk support, support i have via them.
My knowledge isn't super anymore (i was a linux system administrator for many years at a service provider). But this happens because my medication use and decease. I'm sorry that i potsted a question here in the hope to get some help.

thank you for your help.

Back