• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Broken Updater / Unable to Install Additional Components

S

Scifience

I am having a horrible time attempting to use the Plesk Updater or otherwise install additional Plesk components.

When I attempt to access the Plesk Updater through the control panel, I see the following error:

Error: An internal error occured in auto-installer, rev.95521 AiComponent.h, line 113.
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support..

Attempts to update or add components via the command line autoinstaller indicate that components are unavailable due to restrictions from the Virtuozzo template on the server. My host (Media Temple) claims that this is outside their "scope of support" and that I will need to resolve this problem on my own, despite their documentation indicating that I should be able to use the Plesk Updater.

At least the second issue with the Virtuozzo templates seems like something that is impossible to resolve myself, but I am hoping some here can confirm this or otherwise help me.

Thanks in advance.

Back