• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Bug in Plesk 12: Watchdog monitoring of "Plesk Web Server" fails

King555

Regular Pleskian
(I already posted this bug in another thread, but that thread is in a sub-forum for older versions of Plesk)

The Watchdog monitoring of "Plesk Web Server" does not work (it says, it is not running). But the Plesk Web Server is online, I can access Plesk at any time without problems. This problem occured in Plesk 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x and now in 12.x.

Plesk 12 (latest update)
Debian 7.6 x64

Because I had this bug in all Plesk versions and until now nobody else seems to have this problem, I had an idea:
Does Watchdog checks the Plesk web service via connecting to it's port? If yes: I only allow connections on a specific (not default) port and on a specific IP. If Watchdog tries to connect to localhost:8443 or the server's main IP on 8443, it will fail.

That reminds me of issues i had in the past with Watchdog on CentOS resulted in corrupt nginx, apache config files or wordpress directories.
After restoring a full backup image. I deactivated a couple of Watchdog services and all is now running good.

Back