• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug in Plesk Backup/Restore feature....solution offered

P

paul.powerdnn

Hello Team,

I would like to report a flaw in your plesk backup/restore procedures. The problem lies in that when we do a site restore, it doesn't clear out the old install first. It will just layover the backup files on top of the live files. Sometimes, the file directories don't match file per file, which renders the plesk restore feature almost useless. We sell this as a feature to our clients, and would really like to get this working properly.

Here's what I view a solid resolution as looking like:

Resolution to 1.1: Plesk disconnects all users to the database before attempting to restore the database.

Resolution to 1.2: When restoring a backup, there should be three modes available:
Restore All
Delete All and then Restore All
Restore Non-Existing Files Only

This would allow our clients to customize how they need to do a restore to best suit their situation.

Just looking for a little feedback, as I think this is a great feature that isn't quite setup right just yet.

i have a problem restoring MSSQL to a domain it give this massage after selecting the uploaded backup file with extension .bak

Confirm the restoration of a database
dbbackup_server_backup_not_configured

please any help on this

Back