• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Bug managing databases after migration from Onyx server to new Obisdian One

Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
Hello,
A little context :
- the source server is a Centos 6.10 machine with Onyx Plesk (with reseler and subscriptions)
- the destination server is an Almalinux 8.5 with Obsidian Plesk (without subscriptions)

I migrate all domains with very few problems but for some of migrated websites (like 5/30) are not linked with the database :
- the db can't can't be seen in the Websites & Domain listing in Dynamic mode (some of the websites have the "Database" icon with the pile of disk between the File Manager and the Hosting settings and some don't).
- when you select the website there's no database button (even in the right col)
- however the database exist and is effectively working on the front side
- They are not visible with the big database button on the left menu (/smb/database) but can be seen in tools & settings => database server => and clicking int the blue link with the number of databases (/server/db_server_databases.php?db_server_id=1), in there they seem to have the good subscription associated but the link "Open in Customer Panel" lead to the website listing with an "Warning: Permission denied." message.

I tried from this panel to change the subscription to a new one than back to the good one with no results.
I also tried with cmd line following this guide https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...How-to-register-an-existing-database-in-Plesk
But for now hasn't got any success...

So for now i don't have the hability to manage the database from the plesk phpmyadmin (well i could being root and seeing it all but it's not very convenient), if i could at least create new databases for thoses websites i would juste have to backup the actual and recreate with the old one, but can't do that because of the lack database button...

I hope i explained myself clearly enough as english is not my native language, if not don't hesitate to ask for some more informations.

Hi
Thank you for your reply, it seems that subscriptions are not locked because the first select return nothing.
And if i go to the psa database with phpmyadmin i can confirm that all row (both working and not) have the same value for the table "Subscriptions".
Howerver i think that we are on the good track to find the bug, i'am pretty sure now that it's a subscription problem and here is why :
I received this morning an Email with following object : Subscription event notification: The subscription term is about to expire and for all five defective domain the following text :
The term of subscription 'xyz.com', owned by user Administrator (username 'admin') is about to expire.

The subscription and all related services will be deactivated by May 11, 2022 unless the subscription term is prolonged.
After some research i find this guide : How to change expiration date for all subscriptions to unlimited - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base
And tried to do :
/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription_settings -u xyz.com -expiration -1;
SUCCESS: Update of domain 'xyz.com' completed.
But still no database button for the xyz.com domain...

I am now going to search if i can find differences in the "SubscriptionProperties" table between the old working server and the new one or between a working subscription and a defective one, maybe it can lead me to another clue...
But i won't change anything in there without nowing what am i doing ! ^^

Hope the new data provided will help narrowing my problem...

Seems that all five problematic domains are overuse = true in the the "domain" db.
I am searching a solution to remove that state and all quota because all five websites have verfy little trafic.
I am here now service_plan: Hosting Plans but don't know what Plan name i need to use...
Maybe there is a better solution, hope someone can help me here...

The licence provided by the hoster is an Obsidian Web Pro Edition 30 domain for the new server (the one i have problem with).
The old one (source of the migration) is still in Onyx but have reseller and subscriptions button in the left menu...

This may sound confusing, but Plesk has two different interface "views". A "Service Provider view" which gives you options likes resellers and subscriptions. The other interface "view" is called "Power User view" and uses a simpler interface (without resellers, subscriptions and hosting plans). More details can be found here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...-User-View-and-Service-Provider-View-in-Plesk

It sounds like you're currently using the "Power User view", but you should be using the "Service Provider view". There is info in the link above on how to switch views.

Ok thanks, i now have those button back (which is quite helpfull to view all domain by subscription, because i have 2 big clients with lots of domain ^^).

However i do not find what should i do to "repair' my five "broken" subscription.

I tried to go to "Service Plans" : i got 3 of them (Default Domain, Default Simple and Unlimited) but all of them have 0 subscriptions.
On the old server i have 16 Default Domain and 6 Unlimited (there is no relation with the bugged domains, they are all part of the 16 which have working ones too).

Seems that the migration has not correctly associated Service Plans with Subscriptions, but that does not explain why some are working fine and some don't !?

EDIT : Ok i found a way to associate all subscriptions with unlimited Service Plan and it seems to get all back to normal.
Thank you very much for your help !

Back