• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BUG Plesk 10.1.1 - can't create database user / dbusername field disabled

mivogtLU

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I am using a Plesk 10.1.1 installation on a 1&1 rootserver (Suse Linux).
Since the last current update to 10.1.1 (no newer available here) I am unable to create a databaseuser.

I am able to create databases for any customer.
If I select the database and select the middle butten to create a db user I get the form to fill for db-user creation.

The field to enter the db-user-name seems to be disabled. I can not fill in a username to be created.
The passwordfields are working fine.

I assured it is no browser problem (testes with windows and linux machines, IE and Firefox).

My hosting-provider is not able to help me solve the problem.

So hopefully someone on here may know a sulution/bugfix/patch/workaround.

I am able to connect in a root shell - so if there is any command line option to generate a database-user in a plesk conform and compatible manner I am ready to type it in.

HELP PLEASE !

Thanks in advance

Michael

First of all make sure that you have permissions for creation database users in corresponding subscriptions or user's roles. Also try to create it with CLI utility:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/database -c database_name -add_user dtabase_user -domain domain_name

Thanks, Igor,

I am logged in as admin so I am with all permission I guess.

Could you please provide an example for the CLI usage?

If I try (option -u as I already did create the database with plesk panel)

/usr/local/psa/bin/database -u <existingdatabasename> -add_user <newdbusername> -domain <existingdomain4dv> -passwd <XYZ1234> I get an error

Wrong syntax for option's '-add_user' parameter

I believe I've found a part of the bug my problem is based on.
Plesk 10.1.1 autogerates a usernameprefix i.e. myCustmerNameField folowed by _ (underscore) follwed by a dbusername-suffix to be entered.

Using the Plesk 10.1.1 web-form I can not enter a username.
Using the CLI with a username as suggested leads to an error on the user-creation

If I use a shorter username with no underscore it works perfect.

hope this helps to get closer to a permanent solution.

Thanks again

Michael

Back