• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug with Plesk 10.4.4 with Subdomains, when Ip was changed

Daniel H

Basic Pleskian
For one of my Clients I Choose a separate IP-Adress, because he need a SSL-Certificat. All things work fine, and after choosing the new ip-adress in the hosting settings; the dns-settings of the main domain changed, I only have to delete the old records for the ip-adress. This, I think, is correct. BUT at the subdomain the settings did not changed. Not only that, the subdomain, i think, did not exist longer for apache and the apache show you the main domain.

When I try to Update the subdomain settings, i only get the message: error: Failed to updated ip. Can't set to addon domain ip different from webspace ip. When I create a new Subdomain, all looks & works fine. Only subdomains before the ip-change did not work!!!

I think, that's a bug in 10.4.4 MU#20 & maybe before.

Yep, it's a bug. I haven't reported it to them because if someone else has already reported it, they penalize you and take away one of your allowed support incidents. Hopefully they know, of course whether they care or not is a different story.

To fix it, you need to correct the ip mapping for the subdomains in the IpAddressesCollections database table in the psa database. The entries will be the last ones in the table if you just got the error and then go work on that table before more are added. You can copy the value of the ipAddressId field from the main site and put it in the same field for the subdomain.

confirm!

i tried a /usr/local/psa/bin/subscription -u user -ip $NEWIP
All domains and related stuff were changed except for the subdomains.

3 months later and not fixed??

just to be sure, here's a bugreport:

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk 10.4.4, latest microupdates, all OS

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
When changing an IP for a customer or serverwide or a subscription, subdomains do not get the new ip

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
add a new ipadress (1.2.3.4) to the server.
/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --reread
/usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage -u 1.2.3.4 -type shared
/usr/local/psa/bin/subscription -u subscription -ip 1.2.3.4

ACTUAL RESULT
subdomains in the subscription still show and are configured with the old ip address

EXPECTED RESULT
subdomains need to have the new ip address configured

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------
You also can't delete the 'old' ip address from your ip's cause system thinks its still in use (which is due to the bug ofcourse)

any update?

this is a big problem on amazons ec2. On reboot i can't automatically change all affected ip adresses.
I have to manually change the ones for subdomains.

I have forwarded your report to developers. I will update thread with results.

We run Plesk Billing and have no desire to use Plesk 11 since going from 9 to 10 took over ONE YEAR for Plesk support to get some of the many bugs worked out that we would report. We can't afford to risk another disaster like that, which I have no doubt it would be since we seem to be the only customer who actually uses the billing system based on the number of bugs we have discovered.

I just want to say that upgrade to Plesk 11 – is more like a 10.5 upgrade than a full version upgrade.

What about current Plesk 11 version? Did you try to reproduce this problem there?

What about YOUR tech-team? did they already try to reproduce the problem?
The bugreport is very clear. And it's been almost 6 (six!) months since first report.

We are not your bughunters! We are paying customers!

Solution that work for me

All you need to do is, go to the "config" file of every domain, that is located in "var/www/vhosts/" then select the subdomain that you want to edit, then go to the "conf" folder inside, and edit the recent file, normally the names are like this "13463729860.63195700_httpd.include".

in this file all you need to do is change the old IP for the new one, this you will need to do in two lines of that file.

this lines are like this.

<VirtualHost 69.64.75.9:443> this is for access in SSL

<VirtualHost 69.64.78.159:80> this is for normal access

then restart the httpd and that's it.

I hope it work's for everyone, tell us about it.

That works great until you change any single thing about the site or any of its subdomains and Plesk writes out a new config file with the old information again.

We need a real fix, and we needed it six months ago.

Back