• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[BUG?] Wrong selinux contect {WEBSPACEROOT}/tmp/

LinqLOL

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

it seems {WEBSPACEROOT}/tmp/ has the wrong type context for SELinux. On site creation it has unconfined_u:eek:bject_r:user_home_t which makes it impossible for php (fcgi) to write session info to. I changed the type context to tmp_t and now it works. But this is a manual job :-(

Greets.

Could you please be more specific and describe this problem with more details? How and where it can be reproduced? Step-by-step instruction would be useful.

Sure!

Test Code

<?php
session_start();
$_SESSION['test'] = "TEST";
session_write_close();
?>.

PHP.INI

session.save_path = "/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.nl/tmp/"

Symptoms in error_log of site:

[Mon Oct 08 08:58:10 2012] [warn] [client X.X.X.X] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/var/www/vhosts/tc-webshop.nl/tmp//sess_vl738sb6hp0v43nr61aug07ma6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxx.nl/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/woocommerce.php on line 138
[Mon Oct 08 08:58:10 2012] [warn] [client X.X.X.X] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: Unknown: open(/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.nl/tmp//sess_vl738sb6hp0v43nr61aug07ma6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Selinux audit

type=AVC msg=audit(1349685910.014:8256): avc: denied { write } for pid=28491 comm="php-cgi" name="tmp" dev=sda3 ino=9832561 scontext=system_u:system_r:httpd_sys_script_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:eek:bject_r:user_home_t:s0 tclass=dir

Temp fix

If people having the same problems, i made a small work-around script till Parallels fixes this.
Add the following script to a crontab and execute it once in 2 minutes or so.

Code:
#! /bin/bash
DIR="/var/www/vhosts"
cd $DIR
while read admin; do.
    if tmp="$DIR/$admin/tmp"; [[ -d "$tmp" ]]; then
         # tmp directorie does exist, change context
         echo "Fixing $DIR/$admin/tmp directory";
         chcon -t tmp_t $DIR/$admin/tmp
    fi
done < <( ls -d *.* )

Well seems very hard for Parallels to add it and in general with selinux issues we have to find out our own sollutions :)

Instead of using the script above the following commands will be better:

semanage fcontext -a -t tmp_t "/var/www/vhosts/([^/]*)/tmp"
semanage fcontext -a -t tmp_t "/var/www/vhosts/([^/]*)/var/tmp"

LinqLOL, do you have addon domains or additional ftp users for a webspace with incorrect selinux contexts? Are there any system users that have home directory inside your webspace (grep /etc/passwd for that). Please post all of them with their home directories (if you're hesitant to provide such information - I'm interested only in the directory nestedness properties, so you can change directory names).

@nikolay The servers I saw these problem only have 1 main domain and not addon domains. And no system users with home directory in a webroot.

Back