• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Business Manager Upgrade Problem

bostonwebsitehost

New Pleskian
I just upgraded the plesk software from 10.x to recent 11.x.
Upgrade went fine.

Then when I tried to get in the business manager it seem to trying to upgrade that part, and bumping into this error:

Error: Failed to upgrade Business Manager to version 11.0.9-1. See the log below for details and fix the problems if possible. Business Manager will restart the upgrade procedure next time you log in to it.

Here is the log:
Start upgrading process:Updating database schema: Upgrading database to 11.0.0-1....................................[ OK ]
Upgrading database to 11.0.1-1....................................
Error:Error: - Upgrade Error!
Install Version:
Fileset Version:
Errors: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1101 BLOB/TEXT column 'description' can't have a default value
#0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\Billing\Database\PdoConnection.php(51): Billing\Database\PdoConnection::throwException(Object(PDOException))
#1 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\lib-mbapi\include\upgrader\upgrader.php(4048): Billing\Database\PdoConnection->query('?????CREATE TAB...')
#2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\lib-mbapi\include\upgrader\upgrader.php(82): PPBUpgrader->upgrade_11_0_0_1()
#3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager.php(143): PPBUpgrader->upgrade(true)
#4 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\Billing\Integration\Cli\PleskManager.php(256): Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager->_commandPreUpgrade(Object(Zend_Console_Getopt), '10.4.4-1', '11.0.9-1', Object(PPBUpgrader))
#5 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager.php(116): Billing\Integration\Cli\PleskManager->_commandPreUpgrade(Object(Zend_Console_Getopt), '10.4.4-1', '11.0.9-1', Object(PPBUpgrader))
#6 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager.php(90): Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager->commandUpgrade(Object(Zend_Console_Getopt))
#7 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\Billing\Integration\Cli\PleskManager.php(232): Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager->handleUpgrade()
#8 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\lib\billing-libs\Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager.php(40): Billing\Integration\Cli\PleskManager->handleUpgrade()
#9 C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\billing\scripts\integration.php(16): Billing\Integration\Cli\AbstractManager->main()
#10 {main}

Last edited:
What version of MySQL do you use? Did you install it manually or was it installed with Plesk automatically?

Hello,

I think that you are using MySQL 5.5 then you need open the "my.ini" file within the MySQL installation directory and look for strict mode setting.

# Set the SQL mode to strict
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Replace the setting with:

sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Best regards,
Dmitry

Last edited:
Hello,

I think that you are using MySQL 5.5 then you need open the "my.ini" file within the MySQL installation directory and look for strict mode setting.

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Replace the setting with:

sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

Best regards,
Dmitry

This was the problem. Parallels team took care of it for me.
Thanks.

Back