1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Reseller Accounts....

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by JVRudnick, May 4, 2006.

1. JVRudnick

JVRudnick Guest

Hey all...
    I'm in the process of buying 4 reseller accounts for my webhosting company, all on Plesk 7.5.6

My question is, how does the transfer of these accounts work, in that as I understand it, I create the 4 accounts under Plesk, each with the resellers master domain. Then the reseller themselves login to their own Plesk cp, and create and move the domains from the old host to my server.

Do I have this right? Might there be a "shortcut" to all this, ie a way to simply copy the 4 reseller accounts along with all their own customers domains, files etc. and install same on my server?

Anyone know?

Jim

2. babushka99

babushka99 Guest

I think your approach is correct. I would imagine each account can be "backed" up and then "restored" on the new machine/server.

3. JackL

JackL Guest

The hierachy is as follow:
    Web hoster- e.g server owner
    Resseller -e.g. client
    End user -e.g domain.user

Web hoster login to Plesk as admin
    Client has his own login
    Domain user also has his own login

John S.G.