• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Caching: varnish vs nginx

Which caching solution you prefer?

• I'd rather have nginx caching - besides, nginx is already in Plesk

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • I'd rather have varnish - it's better than nginx

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I'm fine with either or both nginx and varnish, just make proper caching available

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I don't want nginx and varhish because there is another, better, caching solution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care about caching and I'm not sure what I'm doing in this topic

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
As someone who hosts many sites and administers them via the wonderful Plesk admin, I am by no means a system or Unix admin. I do enough to get around but will resort to real help from a Unix admin when needed. I've heard great things about Varnish and often wondered if it would ever come on a future Plesk update. Would it make our sites that much faster? That being said, I never realized that it would an option of nginx or varnish, that the two don't run together. Seems like it would be great for those of us who don't fully understand the wonderful tech that makes our user testing websites run to get some better education so we understand that adding something like varnish is more complicated to setup and configure or could cause more problems. From my perspective, as much as I would like to have it, I would probably avoid it if it's not just turn it on and enjoy, but too complicated to configure and requires fine tuning for each site (which is probably a better way to do it if you know how). Then again, I'm up for learning something new if there is a dramatic payoff in the performance of our sites.

Well, this is a bump from the past but while we're at it.... why are these two solutions "VS" each other, they should be complimentary.

When it comes to using products such as Magento, Nginx with Varnish FPC is a must for maximum performance and concurrency

Back