• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can a backup of 7.6 be read by 8.1?

R

RobertS

Is it possible to make a backup of the domains, databases, mail etc using the build-in backup function of version 7.6 and then use this backup in Plesk 8.1?

I wish to try an upgrade but when it fails I want to try a clean install of 8.1 and then use the backup of 7.6 to restore all websites, databases, users, mails etc etc.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Originally posted by RobertS
Is it possible to make a backup of the domains, databases, mail etc using the build-in backup function of version 7.6 and then use this backup in Plesk 8.1?

I wish to try an upgrade but when it fails I want to try a clean install of 8.1 and then use the backup of 7.6 to restore all websites, databases, users, mails etc etc.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Dear my freind.

i do this.
and this work very good. you can do backup from plesk 7.6 and restore on 8.1.
regards.

Did you complete the move? I'd like to know how it went. We're going to be making the same upgrade from one Windows server to another in a week or two.

I am still doing that for back ups right now no problem but it takes long time!

No! Do not even try that!
Full working Plesk 7.6.1! I took back up yesterday from that damn panel of swsoft!
I am having my server reinstalled 4th time today!
why? Because sites are not working!None of them you can visit!
Only site preview you can visit how great panel is that? Even back ups not supported well!
What the h**l is that?
Don't do that if you want do it manually!
Create domains and your clients again. They will add databases and sites again, after that store them back manually!

Works fine!

I tested it now several times and each time without any problems.

I made first a complete backup of 7.6.0 with the backup tool of plesk.

Installed a new server with Plesk 8.1 on it and made a recovery from the backup file of 7.6.0

I tried this 3 times and all 3 times it went perfectly, 1 thing you must diable that is the option restore plesk settings in the recovery tool (bottom left).

Hope this info helps!

Back