• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can HELO respond using different domains

mparadis

Regular Pleskian
When plesk responds to SMTP requests with HELO, it always uses the default host name.
Is there any way to force it to reply using which ever domain the remote is wanting to connect to so that the reply doesn't come from the default host name?

Thanks.

The EHLO comes before the mailto is specified, so unless you give each domain its own IP and find a suitable qmail patch (if you use qmail), I don't think this will be possible.

For hosting customers who would be technical enough to be bothered by this sort of thing, I would personally recommend they have a VPS or their own dedicated server rather than host on a shared server. Just my opinion of course!

>The EHLO comes before the mailto is specified, so unless you give each domain its own IP and find a
>suitable qmail patch (if you use qmail), I don't think this will be possible.

I can't recall but I thought that's how it worked on a QMail-Toaster setup I used to run.

>For hosting customers who would be technical enough to be bothered by this sort of thing, I
>would personally recommend they have a VPS or their own dedicated server rather than host
>on a shared server. Just my opinion of course!

True.

Thanks for the input.

Maybe I'm wrong then. Wouldn't be the first time!

But you know, anything you can do using the qmail-toaster, you can do with the Plesk qmail. It is all down to being able compile all the necessary plesk-specific patches as well as the ones used by qmail-toaster to do what you need it to do.

Faris.

I try not to modify plesk in any shape or form. It's too darn picky about things. I've broken my setup enough times not to bother with it again :).

Back