• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can I ftp a backup file to the server and restore from that?

Kroptokin

Regular Pleskian
I can't seem to upload my backup file via the browser interface. (The upload never starts). Probably due to a poor upload connection speed from my ISP.

I can upload via SFTP (at quite a slow rate). If this works - can I just move the backup file to a location on the server and it will appear in the server repository in the control panel? One point to note is that I am backing up to a new server - not the one the backup file was made on.

Thanks

can I just move the backup file to a location on the server and it will appear in the server repository in the control panel?
Yes, you will see this backup in UI if it will be uploaded to correct location (/var/lib/psa/dumps for server backup, for example). But success of restoring will depend on method of backup creation.

Hello Kroptokin,

To elaborate a bit, you can upload the backup files to the server via FTP and then import them via the command line as described here (if you're on Linux), or here (Windows). The backup will be placed in the proper directory and will be visible in Plesk.

Now, the fact that the backup was made on a different server complicates things a bit. For security purposes, we encrypt a fair chunk of info stored in Plesk backups (passwords mainly). Now, if you used the "password protect" function when backing up, you're all good, just input the password when prompted during restoration. If not, the functionality of the restored websites may be impacted.

Yes, you will see this backup in UI if it will be uploaded to correct location (/var/lib/psa/dumps for server backup, for example). But success of restoring will depend on method of backup creation.
hi, i follow your method, but i dont see the dump in plsek. how to fix this?

If you have a backup archive, e.g. a backup_*.tzst file, then you can upload that file to any location on your server and import it through a command line command:
PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="yourpassword" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /path/to/backup_archive_file.tzst

Back