• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can I remove a User account without removing mailbox?

Robert S Tucker

New Pleskian
If I remove a user account, will this remove their mailbox? I just want to remove a user account who previously was set to logon as admin but I dont want to remove mailbox or any emails. Thanks

You can remove a user account without removing the mailbox
Not sure whether that is the correct answer in this case. @Robert S Tucker did not specify why type of user account he meant. You can remove a user account on the operating system level without removing the mailbox, but when you remove a user in Plesk, the mailbox will also be removed.

Sorry, to be more explicit, when an account and mailbox is created, you indicate if the user can use the account to login to plesk interface. I want to remove that account from the list of allowable accounts. You can do this at /smb/user/list. I want to remove an account from here, but retain the user and mailbox.

I am not sure whether it is safe. I suggest to create a mailbox with the same construction, e.g an extra user account with settings permissions, then remove the account and check what happens to the mailbox.

Back