• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can I stop Mail Queue - I dont need it

Fireblade

New Pleskian
Hello

I have some emails always stock in Mail Queue, those are ex. emails like confirmations of order gone in from Wordpress site, which is sent to customer, those hang around in Mail Queue.

I use Postfix - Devocot - On linux server VPS
Plesk version 12.5.30
- I have no clue about SSH,

Is there a option in plesk to just stop this Mail Queue, I dont need it, I just want my emails to be sent at once.

Stopping the mail queue means stopping the mail service altogether. It is a bad idea to do that. It is not possible through the panel unless you stop the SMTP service. Stopping mail services is strongly discouraged. You will miss important system notifications and maybe create many issues. Lots of functions expect properly working mail services, including application update notifications.

ok - as I understand if I use clear all mails are deleted, but if I click remove are they then resent or what happens or how can i make sure a customer get there email.

From the Plesk panel, you can either remove a specific item from the queue or clear everything. Neither of these will cause the email to be sent.

Emails will get re-tried automatically a number of times. You can force the deferred email queue to be processed immediately, but only via SSH. You'd use a command such as "postfix flush".

Emails don't end up in the queue for no reason. If it's a valid email that you want to be sent you should investigate why it's not been sent before attempting to flush the queue.

Usually, it will be because there is a lot of mail traffic and it's just taking a while to process or because the first time the email was sent it was rejected by the recipient, (which could be for many reasons).

If it was rejected, you may receive a bounce-back message. Otherwise, you'll need to check the maillog for more information.

That's "/var/log/maillog" (usually) but it's not accessible through the Plesk panel.

If you're not comfortable with SSH, you could use SFTP instead and download the log file to your PC/Mac/Whatever and view it there with any basic text editor.

Search for the recipient email address, and there should be a message giving a bit more information on why the email could not be sent.

Back