• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can login to Plesk but can't change admin password

Morgan

New Pleskian
I can successfully login to Plesk as root using the saved passwords in Firefox. Yet when I try to change the password, even if I access the saved passwords in FF to be absolutely certain that I'm entering the same password I used to login, I get an error that the supplied old password is incorrect. Any ideas as to what might be going on? There are no other admin users. I'm a complete novice when it comes to SSH so I'll change the password via SSH only as a last resort. Thanks!

It worked! Thank you! Except... When I logged in via ssh I logged in as [email protected] and changed the password. I went to plesk and tried to login with 'root' and the new password - and got an invalid password error.

When I tried 'admin' and the new password, it worked. Why would the password change only apply to 'admin' and not 'root'?

Back