• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can no longer create subdomains.

Jeff Edwards

New Pleskian
This has stopped working. Every time I try to create a subdomain it pauses for a while then reports the following:

"Error: phpinimng failed: invoke-rc.d: initscript plesk-php70-fpm, action "status" failed.
invoke-rc.d: initscript plesk-php70-fpm, action "status" failed.
Service plesk-php70-fpm is down after attempt to start it"

I tried this on a couple of my domains with different versions of php. I also tried creating the target folder first and trying but I still got the same error. I haven't created a subdomain for a while so it can only be something to do with the updates in my opinion. Or is there something further I have to to to create a subdomain? if there is then that would be a bit counter productive.

I am well within my domain limits so no potential problems there. The last update from plesk was update #53 and my version is 12.5.30

Also, as an aside, does anyone else keep repeatedly beig told that plesk has been updated when it hasn't?

Hi Jeff Edwards,

pls. keep in mind, that in some cases, your previous (sub)domain - specific php-fpm configuration may still be active or/and existent, so that it would not be possible for Plesk to restart the new (sub)domain - specific php-fpm - service with its new configuration.

Pls. see as well the depending PHP-FPM - log at "/var/log", to investigate issues as described and see as well additional explanations and suggestions for this issue:

=> #4

or/and use the SEARCH option from this forum, as for example: => https://talk.plesk.com/search/search?&keywords="phpinimng+failed"

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did consider that. That's why I tried subdomains that had never been created before and still got the same error. There was a link with the error stating something similar. As the subdomains were new and never created before it knid of confused me. I will look at the php-fpm log though.

Just looked at one of the error logs and attempted to create a subdomain. These entries appeared in the plesk-php56-fpm error.log:

[20-Nov-2016 14:48:22] ERROR: An another FPM instance seems to already listen on /var/www/vhosts/system/chitest.xyz/php-fpm.sock
[20-Nov-2016 14:48:22] ERROR: FPM initialization failed
[20-Nov-2016 14:48:24] NOTICE: configuration file /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.conf test is successful

[20-Nov-2016 14:48:24] ERROR: An another FPM instance seems to already listen on /var/www/vhosts/system/chitest.xyz/php-fpm.sock
[20-Nov-2016 14:48:24] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Thanks again UFHH01. I have resolved the issue but am still confused as to how it might have occurred in the first place.

Here's the steps I took as recommended in the post you referred me to, just in case it might be of use to anyone else.

I first checked if there were any duplicate or pre-existing subdomain configuration files that might conflict with any I'm attempting to create and there were not.

Secondly I restarted both the PHP versions my server runs with the following (Ubuntu).

service plesk-php56-fpm stop
service plesk-php56-fpm start
service plesk-php70-fpm stop
service plesk-php70-fpm start

I issued the stop and start rather than the restart just to be thorough.

This seemed to fix the problem. Although, as I said it's a mystery as to why it happened in the first place because the logs do not shed any useful light on the issue.

Back