• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can Not Change Shared IP's Default Domain

A

Arby L

Hi there,

I've got Plesk 11.09 on RedHat 6.2. As I'm trying to change my "Shared" IP's default domain, Plesk will update and display the new default; however, once IP is accessed through the browser the old domain is displayed.

I have tried the following with no luck:

- Restart Apache
- Reboot
- I tried removing the subscription of the old default that didn't work. Then I changed the new default to another and it worked but now it is stuck on that and now I unable to change that.

Note: browser catch has been cleaned on every step.

In advance, I appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Arby L

Last edited by a moderator:
abdi thanks for your reply. However, it has already been assigned a default. It's just that when I try to reassign a new one plesk will update it but through http it is not.

I read some posts about nginx but I'm not sure if that applies here. Nevertheless, how do I check if nginx is enabled?

PS. Parallels, is looking into it also but it's rather a slow process.

Thank you,
Arby L

Arby, Yes the changes dont take effect if you are running Nginx. You can disable Nginx by going to:

Tools & Settings -> Service Components -> ....

Or by running the command below on SHELL

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng --disable

abdi, my server doesn't have nginx installed. I didn't think apache and nginx could be running at the same time. But I did try what you suggested and it errors out saying "Error: Nginx component doesn't installed". I personally think the person who wrote the errors should double check their work for grammatical errors, but that's a secondary issue here ;)

Is there anything else you can think of?

Thank you,
Arby L

OK, one last one, had you tried rebuilding the vhosts? You can do that with

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Please let me know if that also doesnt resolve the problem ...

Back