• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not Create New Website

B

bluetear

Dear all,
I'm using PLESK 8.2 when I try to create new website.. and it always have the Error message

"Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to create system user: Unable to get the user (wintest) home: (2221) The user name could not be found."

anyone could find out the solution for me, please.?

Thank you in advance..

bluetear

๊ummm.. Now I'm trying to repair it.

After trying to Repair it....., it doesn't solve the problem.

Hello bluetear,

Could you please send me private message with address and credentials for RDP access to your problem server?
We need look at the issue on site.

Hello bluetear,

Could you please send me private message with address and credentials for RDP access to your problem server?
We need look at the issue on site.

The problem suddenly disappear without doing nothing.., I will wait and will inform again if hte problem occur...

Thank you

Just for future - such problems are usually caused by absence of system accounts. So you need to re-create them meanually: compmgmt.msc > Users and Groups > Add New User > wintest, and most probably IUSR_wintest as well. Then reconfigure problem domain in IIS:

%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.com

and problem dissapears.

Back