• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Can not email other domain on the same server

DanielMo

New Pleskian
I have this setup.

PLESK 11.5.30 on Ubuntu 12.04

Two domains, and web for both domains is served by my server with plesk.
Hoover for one domain Mail is served by another server.

Problem is when i try to send email from server that has mail served by plesk to another that is not served by plesk it does not work it assumes my email is on the same server with plesk and email does not get delivered. The same hapens if i send email from my webapp to the server that has mail on external server.
The same thing as in http://forum.parallels.com/pda/index.php/t-93222.html

I cannot edit /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains because it is empty. and i cannot disable mailbox for that domain.

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain -i domain.tld -mail_service false
does not disable mailbox

here is maillog

Code:
courier-imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
courier-imapd: LOGIN, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], port=[37142], protocol=IMAP
postfix/qmgr[1451]: C5591231A47: from=<[email protected]>, size=663, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
postfix-local[3127]: postfix-local: [email protected], [email protected], dirname=/var/qmail/mailnames
postfix-local[3127]: cannot chdir to mailname dir user2: No such file or directory
postfix-local[3127]: Unknown user: [email protected]
postfix/pipe[3126]: C5591231A47: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=0.21, delays=0.13/0/0/0.09, dsn=2.0.0, plesk_virtual service)
postfix/qmgr[1451]: C5591231A47: removed
courier-imapd: LOGOUT, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=573, sent=127, time=0, starttls=1

So im out of ideas what to do.
Do i delete domain in /var/qmail/mailnames or what else ?

PS.
If i send email from gmail or from any other host to that email address it works like excepted and i recieve email and can replay.

Make sure you have changed the MX records of that domain name on that server to it's respective records. Do the same for mail A record.

Make sure you have changed the MX records of that domain name on that server to it's respective records. Do the same for mail A record.

There is no MX records for that domain on my Plesk Servers. I have chosen the option to host dns settings on another server (i have dns cloud) So there is realy no MX settings, only nameservers that point to another server.

I did and its pretty stupid. ( i have plesk 11.5.30 )

so u have to turn off email for every domain that you have on another server. its not enough to point to DNS.

You can easily turn it of for main domain on your acc but to turn it off for other domains you basically have to change url parameters on you own and uncheck "Activate mail service on domain" and submit that form.
Go to your main domain overview, click on domain that you want to turn the mail service off. in url you will see the domain id

something like this smb/web/overview/id/d:32
lets say domain example.com has id 32

now you go to mail overview page and click change setting and you get something like this plesk/client@1/domain@1/mail/properties/

change url to plesk/client@1/domain@32/mail/properties/ uncheck the "Activate mail service on domain" and submit the form.

Last edited:
Back