• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

can not remove protection from directory

igabc0

New Pleskian
I have set a protection to a dir for one of my domains
Since I was not able to understand what UN/PWD I was supposed to use, I have added a new user to that protection.
I tried to login but it failed. I changed the credential and tried again. Didn't work. I am 100% sure I used the correct UN/PWD

So I decided to get rid of the protection but when I visit that URL, I get the Forbidden error.
I opened that URL in Chrome but I got the forbidden error right away (not even the login form).

I added a new protection to the same dir and a new user - Login form comes up but I can't access the dir.

I tried to rename the directory via FTP.
No success

thank you!

No. No index.html files inside
thanks
directory listing is disabled and you have no index file there, so what are you going to see?
So the Forbidden error just means you cannot see the content, but you've been successfully authentificated.
Put some index.html file and open folder with browser http://domain.tld/prot_dir and you will see it.

Last edited:
Back