• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not to read /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/default file

FabianW

New Pleskian
I've been unable to access Plesk for a few days, this is the error message I'm getting:

"ERROR: PleskFatalException: Can not to read /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/default file. (common_func.php3:586)"

Rebooted the server, tried to fix it with the autoinstaller and the bootstrapper but no success. Found this thread, checked the permissions and the content as suggested, both seem right though...

Any ideas?

Try to check exist and permissions of file. It's should be similar:
# ls -la /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/default
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38 May 15 14:09 /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/default
# cat /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/default
en-US:ENGLISH:GERMANIC:UNITED STATES;

If this file was lost, you can try recreate it:
# echo 'en-US:ENGLISH:GERMANIC:UNITED STATES;' > /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/default
# chown root:root /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/locales/default

If this file was lost, can you describe how it happens?

Hi,
i've got the same problem. The file exist and the content is "en-US:ENGLISH:GERMANIC:UNITED STATES;" the size is 38 Byte. The permissions are set to -rw-r--r--.
I've tried everything but i can't enter the panel. Is there any solution which can help. If needed i will give someone of the Team the permissions to the server.
Greetz Arro

Could someone please help me, i still can't reach the panel.
I really don't know how to repair it.
Greets Arro

Hi IgorG,
sorry, but the problem is gone, there was a directory with false chmod (opt/psa/admin/). I don't know how it changed, i am sure that i didn't change the chmod. I've always searched jut for the htdocs/locales directory and there were the right chmod and the default file exist.
So thanks again, but for this moment everything is OK.
Greets Arnd

Hi,
i've got one other problem:
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily exited with return code 7
/etc/cron.daily/man-db:
/etc/cron.daily/man-db: 28: /etc/cron.daily/man-db: find: not found
/bin/sh: 1: find: not found

the file man-db exist in this directory. Maybe there is another chmod error.
Greets Arnd

Hi IgorG,
sorry, but the problem is gone, there was a directory with false chmod (opt/psa/admin/). I don't know how it changed, i am sure that i didn't change the chmod. I've always searched jut for the htdocs/locales directory and there were the right chmod and the default file exist.
So thanks again, but for this moment everything is OK.
Greets Arnd

i have same problem......
but there is no such file (opt/psa/admin) i can"t find.. in opt dir....
please explain ...
thank you...ArndRo

Last edited:
Back