• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can Plesk be redundant?

S

systemseven

I want a redundant setup with my servers. I would like to have both of my Windows 2003 servers to be able to run Plesk and act as a failover to eachother. Is this possible?

I guess the alternative is to manully duplicate the information on the other server. Ideas?

This depends on if you can successfully replicate the databases and mail system between servers. Its not really dependent on Plesk itself since the services are abstracted from the CP. Also, having a failover system really incorporates three servers as one acts as the bridgehead/heartbeat monitoring server for the two (or more) production servers. Usually something like a "ServerIron" is used for this.

ART has successfully done this with a linux setup of PSA, but I haven't heard anyone do it with Windows PSA.

There are standard abilities in Pelsk. You can do it only manually. If you a good administrator or simply advanced user you can do it ;)

EH?

Originally posted by OlegB
There are standard abilities in Pelsk. You can do it only manually. If you a good administrator or simply advanced user you can do it ;)

What are you talking about? I consider myself to be very good with Windows Server, but can you elaborate a little?

You can create two Plesk servers with the equal content and use DNS on one of them as primary and another server as secondary. DNS records must point to both servers and round robin option should be turned on. MX records must point to both servers and one of them must have higher priority.

How could this work? If I get an email to one server and it goes down, then the email is "lost" until that server comes back up... also the databases would get all out of sync wouldn't they?

I am interested in more info on the three server setup? link?

--gabe

Back