• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Can Plesk Create a 301 Redirect

T

tfreeborn

Hi,

Is there a way to create a 301 Redirect in Plesk to redirect domainname.com to www.domainname.com as opposed to adding the redirect directly to IIS?

Actually, one way - but not correct one is to create domain in Plesk as www.domain.com and add redirection to domain.com.
But I am not sure why it is needed for, isn't it more easier to just add domain.com and www.domain.com as CNAME

John S.G.

Nope

Jackl: The reason for the 301 is related to SEO, so that you can be sure Google and other search engines dont mistake your website for two seperate websites.

Its an annoy element of plesk / iis that this isnt possible, I have lots of dummy sites setup just to redirect the .com to the .co.uk, and the non-www to the www version of the site.

I think this is probably coming to an end though as the new iis7 / windows server 2008 platform should open up to a lot more functionality. Just waiting for it to become available on a dedicated server in the uk...

Cracked it, this works

IIS Redirect
In internet services manager, right click on the file or folder you wish to redirect
Select the radio titled "a redirection to a URL".
Enter the redirection page
Check "The exact url entered above" and the "A permanent redirection for this resource"
Click on 'Apply'

On a hosted account, how to you propose getting to the IIS manager? All that is accessible is Plesk itself.

Back