• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can somebody answer these questions for me?

J

jahsh420

Hi, we are new to windows hosting all together. We are currently running Windows 2003 with Plesk version 7 on there. Here a few questions we keep getting asked, but dont know the answer to. I was hoping somebody here could answer the questions, here they are:

Does default setup support the following:

- vbscripting engine 5.5
- cdonts, cdosys or aspqmail
- dns for access to a jet database
- microsoft mdac/ado components ver 2.5 or later
- file upload component like aspupload or SA File-up on the server

Can answer of couple of them:

Windows 2003 comes with CDOSYS and not CDONTS by default - although you can register CDONTS on the server apparently not that I have ever sucessfully done this!

If you use a third party component, such as aspupload, you can upload files by using ASP files. However, plesk comes with a file manager functionality to upload files via the control panel.

Hope this helps.

I'm able to read/write to Access databases just fine after setting the right permissions.

DIM dbConn
SET dbConn = Server.CreateObject("adoDB.Connection")
dbConn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};;DBQ=c:\inetpub\vhosts\yourdomain.com\somedirectory\yourdatabase.mdb;"

Originally posted by jahsh420

- vbscripting engine 5.5
- cdonts, cdosys or aspqmail
- dns for access to a jet database
- microsoft mdac/ado components ver 2.5 or later
- file upload component like aspupload or SA File-up on the server

1. Yes
2. CDOSYS. CDONTS you will have to find, download and register. For both you will have to give the group IIS_WPG operator access to IIS SMTP.

3. If you mean DSN then for access and SQL this can be done through plesk, otherwise it is backend done by the admin.

4. Yes.

5. www.aspupload.com or search and you can find one to isntall Dundas is a free one.

Back