• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can`t install Plesk 9.5.x on Fedora 11

tupeu

Basic Pleskian
I have a VPS with Fedora 11 (x86) and i tried to install Plesk 9.5.x on it but it failed, it gives this error:

When i try to install Plesk 9.5.1:
Code:
ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-9.5.1-fc11.build95100414.15.i586" package.

When i try to install Plesk 9.5.2:
Code:
ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-9.5.2-fc11.build95100504.17.i586" package.

I was able to install Plesk 9.3.0 on Fedora 11 succesfully but then i could not upgrade to Plesk 9.5.x, update doesnt start:

Code:
Installation could not be started: Failed to check whether a new license key is available.

I only had 1(one) domain in Plesk at that time, it was fresh install, i tried to upgrade after Plesk 9.3.0 was installed

I didn`t have my key in Plesk when trying to upgrade, it was the default one from Plesk server !

Last edited:
Key from Plesk 9.3.0 is not compatible with Plesk 9.5.x version and you should upgrade it.

I have a valid key for Plesk 9.5 but i cant install plesk 9.5.x to Fedora 11 as i wrote above because of this error:

Code:
ERROR: Unable to install the "psa-9.5.1-fc11.build95100414.15.i586" package.

If i could install Plesk on Fedora 11 i would not need to upgrade from 9.3.0 to 9.5.x...

The question is: why i am getting that error ?

Last edited:
Did you updated Fedora with yum before Plesk installation? Try to install Plesk on fresh FC installation and update it with yum after Plesk installation.

First after rebuilding the VPS with Fedora 11 i tried to install Plesk 9.5.x WITHOUT first updating with YUM = ERROR

Then i installed Plesk 9.3.0 and i updated Fedora with YUM and tried to upgrade to Plesk 9.5.x but it failed = ERROR

Did you tried to find any useful information in autoinstaller log /tmp/autoinstall3.log ?
And if it is Virtuozzo VPS why you don't use Virtuozzo EZ template for Plesk installation?

seems to work if

you uninstall apache first. I looked in that log and saw it was stopping becuase it was already installed, or at least a higher version. So i just did yum erase httpd* and went forward. This is on a clean install on a virtuozzo container mind you. I doubt people will want to uninstall or similar on existing machines.

Back