• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can the DNS server template be restored?

N

nhouse

Hello again... I had a VERY strange thing happen over night. I have been trying to tweak my "dns template" that is in the server admin area. When I opened it back up this morning to review it, it had all but 4 entries missing!? Ok, I am positive that I didn't delete the other records... after all, you have to verify on delete and even I am not that dense ;)

When I try to restore the default with the button, it only puts back in TWO entries. Those are the basic single IP ns entries... you know, <domain>. NS ns.<domain>. and ns.<domain>. A <ip>

Have any of you experienced this before? If so, is there a way to restore the original DNS template from some backup file somewhere?

Grrrrrrrrr...

Well............. I suppose I should let you all know what happened... just in case you have it happen to you. I kept working with the template until I found the error of my ways. This is what happened:

1. Previously, I used the "search" function on the dns template just to see how it worked. You got to watch the urge to click, click, click.
2. I didn't think anything else about that. I "assumed" that the next time I logged in, it would simply show all of the records present... NOT!
3. Evidently, Plesk keeps a reference to the search criteria, even after you logg off and on.
4. Going back there and clicking the "show all" icon popped them back in... DOH!

well, ya live and ya learn :D

Back