• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can you use Plesk to stream audio from an FTP server?

Edward

New Pleskian
I am scoring a book page for page, and I have received a request to setup a shoutcast server, or something of the sort that will allow people to listen to the files from the first page up through the most recent composition. Presently, people are listening to the files via a tinyurl link from the project's twitter feed.

Please let me know if you need more detail, or if this is completely backwards.

Cheers!

Hello Edward,

As far as I know, the streaming servers typically deliver files to you with help of web server. First, you go to a Web page, which is stored on the Web server. When you click the file you want to use, the Web server sends a handshaking message to the streaming server, telling it which file is required.

I am not sure about the Plesk but there are a number of protocols like TCP and FTP which normally break data into small packets whereas Streaming video and audio protocols allow the transfer of data in real time.

Hope this helps..

Back