• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot access to FTP / Wordpress cannot install plugin or upload images

Mariano

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have a VPS with OVH.
I installed centos 7, so installed plesk ONYX with oneclick installer.
My issue:
I can't login to ftp with site credentials. Works only SFTP.
So, i've disabled firewalld of centos and installed iptables.

Filezilla error:
Code:
Stato:    Connessione a 92.222.90.99:21...
Stato:    Connessione stabilita, in attesa del messaggio di benvenuto...
Stato:    Accesso effettuato
Stato:    Lettura elenco cartelle...
Comando:    PWD
Risposta:    257 "/" is the current directory
Comando:    TYPE I
Risposta:    200 Type set to I
Comando:    PASV
Risposta:    227 Entering Passive Mode (92,222,90,99,129,196).
Comando:    MLSD
Errore:    Timeout connessione dopo 20 secondi di inattività
Errore:    Non è stato possibile leggere il contenuto della cartella

I chek port 21 with telnet, response:
Code:
220 ProFTPD 1.3.5d Server (ProFTPD) [92.222.90.99]

So, with lsof -i tcp:21:
Code:
COMMAND    PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
xinetd     752 root    5u  IPv6  22311      0t0  TCP *:ftp (LISTEN)
in.proftp 4592 root    0u  IPv4  42470      0t0  TCP vps317945.ovh.net:ftp->net-188-153-225-30.cust.dsl.teletu.it:53071 (ESTABLISHED)
in.proftp 4592 root    1u  IPv4  42470      0t0  TCP vps317945.ovh.net:ftp->net-188-153-225-30.cust.dsl.teletu.it:53071 (ESTABLISHED)
in.proftp 4592 root    2u  IPv4  42470      0t0  TCP vps317945.ovh.net:ftp->net-188-153-225-30.cust.dsl.teletu.it:53071 (ESTABLISHED)

In addition, I've a wordpress site working fine, but when i try to install plugin, wordpress require an FTP Account.
If i try to upload an image, i get this error:
Code:
Il file caricato non pu&ograve essere spostato in  wp-content/uploads/2017/07. (The uploaded file cannot move into...)
But all file and folder permission are right!

In plesk modsecurity is currently disabled.

What i mess?

Ok, solved FTP problem. Adding passive Ports to iptables rules.
But still have problems with WORDPRESS.

I was having problems with WordPress not being able to read/write to directories using FTP because of file permissions even though they appeared to be correct too. Changing it to this setting in the WordPress instance's wp-config.php fixed it for me:

define ('FS_METHOD', 'direct');

I was having problems with WordPress not being able to read/write to directories using FTP because of file permissions even though they appeared to be correct too. Changing it to this setting in the WordPress instance's wp-config.php fixed it for me:

define ('FS_METHOD', 'direct');

I just tried this, but I still get the same error: "http error" - No other information. - It happens with you try upload an image from within media library in Worpress

We managed to get this resolved.

The plugin EWWW Image Optimizer was intercepting file uploads in order to optimize images. Afterwards, it notifies W3 Cache to update the CDN, which fails because it's not able to access the W3 Cache object. The failure occurs in wp-content/plugins/ewww-image-optimizer/common.php on line 892, when it calls update_attached_file().

I have solved it by disabling EWWW Image Optimizer. You have WP Smush on your site, which serves the same purpose.

Back