• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot add new domain

GMBrian

New Pleskian
I've been having major issues adding a new customer to plesk. It seems to go wrong when adding the domain to the customer.

First of all, I can create a customer without problems when I uncheck 'Create subscription for the customer'. But when I just leave it checked and fill in the prerequisites for the subscriptiondomain I get the error:

Error: phpinimng failed: Cannot parse php.ini: (, PhpIniSyntaxError('[:11] Invalid configuration line. Are there excessive leading spaces?',))​

The same error pops up when I try to add the subscription after adding the customer, but in this case the supsciption does get created, however it gets a warning icon next to it with the tooltip (and the same warning as above):

Web server configuration for the subscription's domains may be inconsistent. Please fix errors in templates of Apache configuration and retry generating the configuration file.​

I did see that information gets added to the hosting table in the psa database but the nothing gets created in the the sys_users database. The sys_user_id in the respecting hosting table record doesn't exists in sys_users either.

I've tried to reconfigure all domains through commandline and plesk but that doesn't help.

I've checked the php.ini files in plesk under Tools & Settings -> PHP Settings -> php.ini for errors but I can't find anything strange.

I've also removed all additional directives from every domain in php settings since that seemed to be suggested.

I've also just updated plesk, I'm not sure since when this problem has started but it's about a week or 2 ago.

Can anyone guide me futher? Thanks!

Are these files present on your system and does their content look correct?

/etc/php.ini
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini
/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.5.30-bootstrapper/php.ini

Hi Peter,

Thanks for you suggestion.

I've verified their presence and validated their syntax with php -l and manually. Their content has no errors.

Any other suggestions on where I can look?

Maybe this can help?

# plesk repair all -n -v > repairresult.log

Then view repairresult.log and search for "ERROR" entries to find out about things that might not be correctly installed. If you think you can trust the tool to repair the WARNING and ERROR entries and understand what will happen, if you run the repair "for real", run

# plesk repair all -y

This should modify the installation to fix the WARNING and ERROR entries. Not sure whether this is a good solution for you. I'd definitely first look at the "simulation" before executing the "repair all -y", to make sure that the repair tool won't damage more than what it repairs.

Hi Peter,

I ran the command after making a snapshot of my server. It resolved 8 errors but didn't fix my issues sadly. The same errors show as my original post.

Any other idea's?

Back