• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot connect to database

L

lmouritsa

Hello,
I would like to ask if I can setup "Sitebuilder for Windows" in an environment that consists of Windows2000 Server, Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4 and Mysql server 4.1.

If the above is possible, then does anyone know why Sitebuilder cannot connect to database and create its tables?
Specifically, when I run Sitebuilder_install.exe through my browser and try to connect to database, I see the message
"Process of installation has come to the end with failure. Database tables have not been created.Please, check it...
Details see in install.log file." and the log file "Error: unable to connect to database: Unlink file "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\SiteBuilder\docroot\plib//config.exe" ..... Ok [Process of installation has come to the end with failure. Database tables have not been created... "
The same time a php log file is created "PHP Warning: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: localhost in C:\ProgramFiles\SWsoft\SiteBuilder\docroot\plib\kernel\db\mssql.exe on line 24."

Any ideas to overtake the above problem and see how Sitebuilder works?
Thanks in advance,
lmouritsa

Sb for Windows needs MSSQL!
Not MYSQL

That said i am still getting the same error as you, even with MSSQL?

Same here, Cant connect to MS SQL using the SB 2.0 , tried many differnt setups etc..

Fails each time.

SB For windows

I tried to install the version sbwinbeta.msi and wsb-1.2.0-w2k3-build050902.16.msi. In the 2 cases it presented the same error.
Is it possible to use the sb for windows or not?
How?

Regards,

Originally posted by RogerW37
You might get more response if this is posted in the "SiteBuilder for Windows" forum rather than in General.

http://forum.sw-soft.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=118

There is already a post there ( as you are no doubt aware as you have linked to it.)
This thread however seems to be the only active one, as there have been no responces on the other. ( apart from mine)

Yes, it has only been 48+ hours but i think that is more than enough time to post even the simplest of replies, like..."we are looking into it"

I Think that the whole sw-soft support in general needs an overhaul.
I mean having to pay for a years support ontop of the product price..??
seems a bit strange to me.

Seems we will have to rely on the community forums, but dont get me wrong these forums are very helpfull.

sql authentication

Hi,

Thanks for the help, but the user and password for sa is correctly, the problem was in the authentication method for ms sql server.
To work properly, the authentication need to be set "Sql server and windows", you can find it in the sql server enterprise manager, microsoft sql servers, your server, sql server properties security tab.
I hope its helps,

Regards,

Back