1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot create a "mail only" domain

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by PortVista, Oct 23, 2008.

1. PortVista

PortVista Guest

I've got a client who hosts multiple websites under one domain using DNN. These domains are not related to each other. Plesk properly makes these host headers in IIS, but improperly makes them aliases all under one domain in MailEnable. So when we go to create different mail accounts, it only gives us the one domain. I tried creating a new domain, but Plesk complains it already exists. There seems to be no way to create a "mail only" domain in Plesk.

So is my only option to remote desktop into MailEnable, delete the aliases Plesk created and create separate domains so I can have separate accounts? Will Plesk destroy anything if we upgrade?

2. prince

prince Regular Pleskian

53%
    The only option is to RDP to the server and make changes from backend.

But please note that any changes u make from backend are likely to be overwritten when u make any changes through plesk after this.