• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Cannot create Database with RPC

VanFanel

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

i try to create a new database over the RPC-API on a Plesk 11.0.9 Update #41 with an reseller account.

If i log into the reseller account with plesk and create a database over the Plesk-Interface everythink works fine and i can create the database, but if i send these package:

<packet version="1.6.0.0">
<database>
<add-db>
<domain-id>DOMAIN_ID</domain-id>
<name>DATABASENAME</name>
<type>mysql</type>
</add-db>
</database>
</packet>

with the reseller account i get this feedback:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<database>
<add-db>
<result>
<status>error</status>
<errcode>1006</errcode>
<errtext>Permission denied.</errtext>
</result>
</add-db>
</database>
</packet>

With the Plesk interface it works perfect, but over RPC nothing happens.

If i use the Administrator Login and NOT the resellers login it also works over the RPC Protokoll and i get:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<database>
<add-db>
<result>
<status>ok</status>
<id>7</id>
</result>
</add-db>
</database>
</packet>

I also checked the permission of the reseller, and the Flag "Use of Remote-API" is set to true and has a green Check.
And if i try to create a new domain over the RPC Protrokoll it also works, so the RPC Function seems to be activated.

EDIT:

I tried these one, too :
<packet version="1.6.3.0">
<database>
<add-db>
<webspace-id>WEBSPACE_ID</webspace-id>
<name>DATABASENAME</name>
<type>mysql</type>
</add-db>
</database>
</packet>

With admin account: works fine, with the reseller account: permission denied

/EDIT

EDIT 2:
I tried it with an costumer account and surprising: it works. A costumer can create databases over RPC, so why is it not possible for the resellers?
/Edit 2

So i searching for a solution to give the reseller the permission to create databases over RPC,

someone has an idea or a solution?

Greetings,
Van

Last edited:
Back