• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot create new subdomains since 7.5.0 upgrade

M

mOjO

Since upgrading to 7.5.0, I am unable to create new subdomains. I tried patching to 7.5.1 but the problem still exists.

here is the error msg:
PleskSubdomainError.jpg

Code:
 # dir /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/subdomainmng

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 Dec 19 03:05 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/subdomainmng -> ../sbin/wrapper

# dir /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/subdomainmng
-r-xr-x---    1 root     psaadm      23316 Dec 16 03:19 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/subdomainmng

# dir /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper
---s--x---    1 root     psaadm      13680 Dec 16 03:19 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper

system is RHEL3 (Taroon 3)

TIA,
mOjO

hmm... yeah.. the error is slightly different but both of us are having issues with that same file...

maybe it should have been replaced with a new version by the last update but didnt get replaced for whatever reason.

any word from plesk on this???

my issue is not like the other guy's thread at all. its obviously an error with the way plesk calls up the subdomainmng script. the error in the jpg i posted pretty much explains that they are missing the cl-id parameter.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
i'm getting so utterly frustrated with this product. with every single update its not a matter of IF there wil be problems but WHAT. It's becoming a given anymore. Its utterly amazing that despite how expensive plesk is I can count more on updates to GPL and free software working fine than I can count on something I pay for.

Originally posted by mOjO
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
i'm getting so utterly frustrated with this product. with every single update its not a matter of IF there wil be problems but WHAT. It's becoming a given anymore. Its utterly amazing that despite how expensive plesk is I can count more on updates to GPL and free software working fine than I can count on something I pay for.

Ditto!! :mad:

most of them seem widespread and easily preventable through a little QC and pre-release testing.

A couple times I have had to obtain hotfixes from other users because plesk refuses to post them to their ftp or to these forums or anywhere public for that matter. I dont understand this philosophy. If it were me I would want quick distribution and high availability for hotfixes that repair core functionality of my product.

I would have a support announcements mailing list and post hotfixes there so they get pushed to the user.

It's pretty normal to have bugs in a version release (although as I said, its become a given with plesk), but its another situation altogether to make each and every person ask and beg for the fixes. It just doesnt make any sense.

The last update made qmail go through the roof on cpu usage (also happened to everybody i know that runs plesk) and I had to obtain the hotfix via email from another user who had gotten it emailed to them from plesk. Now, I rent my server from a Datacenter that leases the plesk licenses, and THEY didnt even have this patch yet. I posted it to their forums and their support people were pointing their customers to my post on their forums for the resolution.

Why on earth are communication chains so poor that I have to be the support conduit for an entire datacenter with thousands of Plesk servers????

Does this indicate a seriously poor busines model to anyone else?

And back to the topic, has anyone heard anything about this subdomain issue!?!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If i could reverse engineer the plesk php encryption and fix it myself I would, and i'd gladly share it with everyone...

still nothing on this?
i know i'm not the only one with this issue...

Back