• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot deliver to gmail accounts - keep getting an ipv6 error

Kwasi

New Pleskian
Emails to gmail seem to be the only ones that are being blocked.

I keep getting this error:

Remote server returned a response indicating a permanent error. Server Response: (550-5.7.1 [2a01:7c8:aac9:359:794e:6c1:8ca1:3fa] Our system has detected that**550-5.7.1 this message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR**550-5.7.1 records and authentication. Please review**550-5.7.1 Bulk Senders Guidelines - Gmail Help for more information**550 5.7.1 . v21-v6si3427379edb.343 - gsmtp**)

I have 3 Windows VPSs at different locations all running the same exact software setups.

This particular VPS has an ipv6 address as part of its setup.

I cannot remove the ipv6 address from within Plesk.
I keep getting this error if I try to remove it:
===============
Error: Cannot remove the IP address 2a01:7c8:aac9:359:794e:6c1:8ca1:3fa because it is the last IP address present on a network interface.

Any thoughts on why gmail keeps referencing the ipv6 address and mentioning it as a reason for blocking delivery?

If I delete it from my hosting company panel, might that solve why gmail keeps referencing the ipv6 address with an Auth Error???

DNS/Reverse DNS on the 2 domains is fine.
spf is perfect.
dmarc is perfect.
dkim is a little screwy because I'm using AWS/Cloudflare, but txt/dns records at Cloudflare are not altered or intercepted in any way.

The other 2 VPSsand the domains I have there don't even have real clean spf or dmac records yet, but they all send to gmail just fine.

Major difference between those 2 VPSs and this one where I'm having all these issues is only this VPS has an ipv6 address as a part of its setup.

Thoughts???

I had the same issue. I RDP'd into the server and just disabled ipv6 from the network adapter.

If you want to do the same, go to the network adapter list, right-click and on the correct one and select properties. In the properties window, uncheck the ipv6 box.

Holy Smokes!

That worked.
Emails to Gmail accounts get delivered just fine right now.
Did a test to 2 that I have, and all is a-ok so far

THANKS

Back