• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Drop Database when calling Entity Framework DropDatabaseAlways Initializer

WebDBApps

New Pleskian
I've deployed an Asp.net MVC application to Plesk 12.5 running on Windows Server 2012 with SQL Server 2014. The database was already created through Plesk and a service account was assigned to it.

In testing the app, I'm calling the Entity Framework Seed method to initialize the database with an admin user. This method, for now, calls DropDatabaseAlways in my initializer. When I attempt to login, the message stating cannot drop database is thrown. Can the Plesk service account be given dbo privilege on the database? I did not see this in the Plesk database screens and am unsure if I can elevate the permissions in Management Studio.

How can I modify my server environment to allow for this database initialization? Thanks for your help and guidance.

Back