• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot enable piped logs; says Error: Unable to set the mpm_event mode: it requires Apache PHP5 modu

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
When I enter the Tools->Apache settings, I toggled piped logins, but when I exit I get the warning

Error: Unable to set the mpm_event mode: it requires Apache PHP5 module turned off but this module is used by domains.

therefore I am unable to change anything on that page.
What shall I do?

I guess it has to do with the vendor php Version which seems to be enabled and used on your system, therefore take into consider to install the additional php 5.x version from plesk component installer and switch the domains to it and disable then under Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server Settings the php 5 Module

under Plesk Panel > Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > you can see which Domains are using which php handler

take also into consider that an enabled Apache handler mod_php is not safe as it is outdated and insecure. Use PHP in FastCGI or FPM mode instead. Should the php5 module be enabled?

Last edited:
Back