• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot find DNS Settings in Plesk 11.5

SiddeswaraK

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am a newbie to using Plesk and am planning to move from CPanel/WHM. I have downloaded the Trial version of Plesk Panel 11.5 and have installed it on my VPS to check it out. I have addded a Domain and a Subscription for the same and wanted to configure Google Apps Mail for my domain. As I needed to change the necessary MX records, I have been trying to find the DNS settings to change the records. But, though every forum, guide tells me to do this from the 'DNS Settings' under the 'Websites & Domains', I dont find it there and am confused.

Under 'Websites & Domains;, I can find only the following:

1. Web Hosting Access
2. FTP Acces
3. Backup Manager
4. Databases
5. Scheduled Tasks.

Am I missing something here. I have searched the forum and everyone seems to tell me to go to the 'DNS Settings' under 'Websites & Domains'. Hence, I have opened this thread. If anyone can let me know how to go about doing this, I would appreciate it. Or don't I have the DNS Settings as this is a Trial Version?

I have installed Plesk Panel 11.5 on a clean VPS running Centos 6.x

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Thanks, SergeyUgdyzhekov.. That was awesome. .But, you know how I feel? like a dunce. .Your reply was so simple.. How could I have missed that tiny arrow? :p Thanks a lot!!! :)

That is weired, are you sure that is not the translation to the language you are using :) or also the language file has a wrong translation ...never the less, change the language to english to see if the actual is ..

That is weired, are you sure that is not the translation to the language you are using :) or also the language file has a wrong translation ...never the less, change the language to english to see if the actual is ..

Sure! since only the DNS information, but no tools appear to work me. In the documentation I found this ad:
If your Panel does not use its own DNS service and does not allow configuring DNS settings on a remote DNS server, you can only view the information about your registered domain name. The link DNS Settings in Websites & Domains will be replaced with Whois Information.

Thanks

Yea, same issue here. Plesk 10+ sucks. We still run Plesk 9 on many servers since they completely skewed up Plesk 10+ I am so sick and tired of navigating their new interface and trying to convince dedicated users to stay with Plesk. I have been reselling Plesk since Version 4... Lost group operations, can not find basic settings let alone our poor customers now stuck with the new interface and totally lost.

I do not understand after a few years Plesk has not gotten back on track and at least offer a "classic" theme that has logical organization that let's users and admins to drill down from a client, to a reseller and then a domain and have a screen that shows what 99% of what users need to do. For example, manage dns. Total BS.

It's obvious to me this will be ignored or removed. They have to be loosing so much sales and to be honest, Plesk 9 kicked cpanel's butt for ease of use. Plesk 10 should have jest evolved from 9 and added PHP settings etc.

I will be migrating all our customers to cpanel once Plesk 9 support expires. 10 and 11 suck.

Cheers parallels

THe same problem! is no longer possible to fix it? I need to create a custom cname record.
Та же проблема. Больше не представляется возможным это исправить? мне нужно создать свою запись cname

Спасибо!

DNS management is available in Plesk 11.5, just as it always was. If the icon is missing make sure that:

- DNS Management is enabled in the serviceplan
- If the subscription is locked (not in sync with serviceplan), verif that DNS management is enabled there.
- Verify that DNS server is actually installed
- Verify that Plesk is DNS master for the domain.

Back