• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot install Plesk 9.3 on 2008R2 x64

U

uklukin

Hi,

I cannot install Plesk 9.3 on Windows 2008 R2 x64 Standard.

The installer extracts the setup .cabs, and then runs through the install process. I succesfully enter the SQL details and a default Plesk password. The installer then attempts to install Plesk and fails with the following error:

'Server execution failed (COM error 80080005) at Switch IIS mode to 32-bit'

I have tried to manually change IIS to 32-bit mode, but I am not sure what to do here. There appears to be very little information online about this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Igor, but when I run this command to switch IIS to 32-bit:

cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

I get the following error:

ActiveX component can't create object
ErrNumber: 429 (0x1AD)
Error Trying To Get The Object: W3SVC/AppPools

That information didn't really help I'm afraid. There must be a simple documented solution to this. I can't be the only person installing Plesk on Windows 2008x64?

I have not found any mentions about this error in our internal Parallels resources. According google seems there is something wrong with .BET or IIS installation. Did you tried reinstall Windows and install Plesk to fresh system?

Server execution failed (COM error 80080005) at Switch IIS mode to 32-bit

I get the same error, I have set up many servers large networks and I can't even get this to install on my home pc :)

Running Visa, 4gig ram, AMD x64 Athlon

Output
Server execution failed (COM error 80080005) at Switch IIS mode to 32-bit

Any ideas?

Back