• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Cannot install SMF

Oldiesmann

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
Cannot install SMF
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Onyx 17.8.11, Ubuntu 18.04 x64
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When you go into the apps catalog and try to install SMF, it gives you an error saying "The 'mysql' extension was not found.". The current version of SMF (2.0.15) supports MySQLi.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Login to the customer panel
Go to Applications
Search for smf
Click "Install"​
ACTUAL RESULT:
Application is not installed because the 'mysql' extension is no longer available in PHP​
EXPECTED RESULT:
I expect to be able to install the application​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Latest version of SMF is 2.0.15 and it appears the applications feature is trying to install 2.0.9.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Last edited:
Go to PHP Settings of your domain and click View the phpinfo() page there. For your domain PHP version you should see something like:

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 12.35.35.png

- Find the PHP handler version which is used by affected domain, e.g example.com, in Domains > example.com > PHP Settings:

- Enable extensions both mysqli and mysqlnd (for Linux only) extensions in Tools & Settings > PHP Settings > 7.0.30 FPM application:

Are you still facing the same issue ?

Ubuntu 18.04. I still believe the issue is it's trying to install an outdated version of SMF, as MySQLi support was added with 2.0.14.

You have an .htaccess file in the root of the domain? I've seen weird errors like this before in similar situations.

Currently, package available in APS catalog requires mysql extension, which is not available in PHP 7:

Code:
# cat APP-META.xml
<...>
<requirements>
<...>
<php:extension xmlns:php="http://apstandard.com/ns/1/php">mysql</php:extension>
<...>
</requirements>

Support for modern PHP have been introduced in SMF 2.0.14: SMF 2.0.11 and php 7
Please contact the maintainer of this package to update it. The maintainer is SofCloudIT: smf - 2.0.9-15

Back