• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot install Typo3 extension

B

baden32

Plesk, PHP, MySQL and Typo3 are installed and working fine on my server.

Except tha I can NOT install any Typo3 extension. Everytime I try to install an extension, I receive an error saying that the directory httpdocs/typo3conf/ext/<extension>/CVS/" could not be created...

I'm afraid this is a privilege problem but I cannot understand the following:
-the extension directory is created and is owned by (user: wwwrun, group: www)
-so why the subdirectory CVS cannot be created?

Is there anything to do in the PHP/Apache or typo3 config in order to get rid of this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joel.

Hi.

Typo3 can be installed on my Plesk 8.2.1 on RHEL4 without problem.
Probably you can provide more info about the problem? What's OS you're running? What's the "destination directory you want to install the application to?
for example, you indicating the destination directory
typo/cvs/blablabla/ but it doesn't exist and you're getting error.

Thanks for your reply.
I asked Suse support and receive a valuable tip:
safe_mode is switched ON on every virtual host, I have to change the httdp.conf of the virtual site and it works!

I have tried several change in the main httpd.conf file... these changes were overwritten by the entry in the specific vhost config.

... it seems that typo3 is quite hard (maybe not possible at all!) to install on standard hosting solution...

The problem can be that by default safe_mode is switched on for every newly created domain. Before Typo installation make sure it's "OFF", go to Plesk CP > Domains > select the necessary domain > Setup, there see under the Services section the checkbox "PHP 'safe_mode'", this checkbox should be disabled.

Generally safe_mode can be disabled server-wide in system php.ini file, on FreeBSD it's usually /usr/local/etc/php.ini

I know where safe_mode can be set on or off, the problem is that most part of provider do NOT allow (for security issues) to set it off...

I see this thread is decades year old, but who knows many users of Typo3 might come here, so let me share the latest article about typo3 extensions for this amazing community! :) Keep in mind the suggested link as not only How to Install TYPO3 Extensions but also How to Install TYPO3 Template.

Cheers!

Back